Mar 1, 2011, 11:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Danny Espinosa watches his fourth-inning homer sail over the fence.
VIERA, Fla. — It's probably not possible to establish an identity after only two spring training games, but the Nationals sure are trying their best. If there's any broad theme that can be taken out of their two Grapefruit League victories over the Mets (9-3 yesterday, 5-3 today) it is the aggressive manner in which this team has run the bases and played in the field.
Every time you look up, someone is attempting to steal a base or advance from first to third or hustling after a ball in the field.
Yes, it's only March 1, but some members of this roster are attempting to establish a particular tone right now.
"You have to set a tempo now, I believe," rookie second baseman Danny Espinosa said. "You can't just go through the motions here and expect to, when you get out there in the season, turn a switch on and expect to play at a level that you're not used to."
What is that tone these Nationals are trying to set?
"I think there's a new energy that we're trying to bring," Espinosa said. "We have a good team, and we want everyone to know that we're going to beRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game