Mar 2, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals announced this morning they’ve renewed the contracts of right-handers Jordan Zimmermann and Tyler Clippard and come to terms with 18 other players who have less than three years of big-league experience.
All members of the Nationals’ 40-man roster are now under contract for 2011.
Zimmermann and Clippard were unable to come to terms on their deals with the Nationals, so the team exercised its right to simply assign those players’ salaries. This year’s figures aren’t immediately known, but players generally receive modest raises through the process. Zimmermann and Clippard each made $401,000 last season.
The other 18 players who did come to terms with the club are left-handers Ross Detwiler and Atahualpa Severino; right-handers Collin Balester, Brian Broderick, Adam Carr, Cole Kimball, Garrett Mock, Elvin Ramirez, Henry Rodriguez, Craig Stammen and Drew Storen; catcher Wilson Ramos; infielders Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa and Chris Marrero; and outfielders Roger Bernadina, Corey Brown and Nyjer Morgan.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK