Mar 2, 2011, 3:55 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals announced this morning they’ve renewed the contracts of right-handers Jordan Zimmermann and Tyler Clippard and come to terms with 18 other players who have less than three years of big-league experience.
All members of the Nationals’ 40-man roster are now under contract for 2011.
Zimmermann and Clippard were unable to come to terms on their deals with the Nationals, so the team exercised its right to simply assign those players’ salaries. This year’s figures aren’t immediately known, but players generally receive modest raises through the process. Zimmermann and Clippard each made $401,000 last season.
The other 18 players who did come to terms with the club are left-handers Ross Detwiler and Atahualpa Severino; right-handers Collin Balester, Brian Broderick, Adam Carr, Cole Kimball, Garrett Mock, Elvin Ramirez, Henry Rodriguez, Craig Stammen and Drew Storen; catcher Wilson Ramos; infielders Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa and Chris Marrero; and outfielders Roger Bernadina, Corey Brown and Nyjer Morgan.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Victor Robles
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito