Mar 2, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals announced this morning they’ve renewed the contracts of right-handers Jordan Zimmermann and Tyler Clippard and come to terms with 18 other players who have less than three years of big-league experience.
All members of the Nationals’ 40-man roster are now under contract for 2011.
Zimmermann and Clippard were unable to come to terms on their deals with the Nationals, so the team exercised its right to simply assign those players’ salaries. This year’s figures aren’t immediately known, but players generally receive modest raises through the process. Zimmermann and Clippard each made $401,000 last season.
The other 18 players who did come to terms with the club are left-handers Ross Detwiler and Atahualpa Severino; right-handers Collin Balester, Brian Broderick, Adam Carr, Cole Kimball, Garrett Mock, Elvin Ramirez, Henry Rodriguez, Craig Stammen and Drew Storen; catcher Wilson Ramos; infielders Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa and Chris Marrero; and outfielders Roger Bernadina, Corey Brown and Nyjer Morgan.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes