Mar 2, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals announced this morning they’ve renewed the contracts of right-handers Jordan Zimmermann and Tyler Clippard and come to terms with 18 other players who have less than three years of big-league experience.
All members of the Nationals’ 40-man roster are now under contract for 2011.
Zimmermann and Clippard were unable to come to terms on their deals with the Nationals, so the team exercised its right to simply assign those players’ salaries. This year’s figures aren’t immediately known, but players generally receive modest raises through the process. Zimmermann and Clippard each made $401,000 last season.
The other 18 players who did come to terms with the club are left-handers Ross Detwiler and Atahualpa Severino; right-handers Collin Balester, Brian Broderick, Adam Carr, Cole Kimball, Garrett Mock, Elvin Ramirez, Henry Rodriguez, Craig Stammen and Drew Storen; catcher Wilson Ramos; infielders Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa and Chris Marrero; and outfielders Roger Bernadina, Corey Brown and Nyjer Morgan.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, set to return in 20 days
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)