Mar 6, 2011, 4:49 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It's raining in D.C., and there's a chance of rain today at Space Coast Stadium.
Well, this is indeed a treat: Today's game is both on TV and on the radio. First time this season you've got the opportunity to watch the new MASN team of Bob Carpenter and F.P. Santangelo and listen to returning radio team of Charlie Slowes and Dave Jageler on new flagship station WJFK (106.7-FM). (For those outside the MASN broadcast zone, the game is being picked up by MLB Network.)
Ross Detwiler, who was very sharp out of the bullpen last week, gets a chance to start today against the Braves. Pay attention to Detwiler's altered mechanics — he's striding more in a straight line toward the plate instead of throwing across his body — and pay attention to the radar gun on his fastball.
This is technically Livan Hernandez's slot in the rotation, as it lines up perfectly for the March 31 opener against these same Braves. Livo was due to throw a simulated game this morning, just to get his work in.
It's raining here in Washington, and there's also some rain in the forecast in Viera, but hopefully it will hold off enough to get the game in. And since it's on TV for a change, I'll try to post some thoughts of my own along the way. Enjoy the game…
BRAVES at NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV/Radio: MASN, MLB Network, 106.7-FM
Weather: Chance of storms, 77 degrees, Wind 16 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
DH Rick Ankiel
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals
- Rizzo happy to bring reliever Sean Burnett back to Nats