Mar 10, 2011, 2:37 PM EDT
Being back in D.C. during the middle of spring training has its obvious disadvantages. But on the bright side, it does allow me to head over to Comcast SportsNet's studios to shoot some video segments.
Yesterday, I joined web producer Chase Hughes for the latest installment of a show we're calling "Beltway Baseball" to discuss various aspects of Nationals camp so far. Among the subjects we tackle are the overall vibe of professionalism this spring in Viera, Bryce Harper, Ross Detwiler, Nyjer Morgan and the battle for jobs in left field, the rotation and behind the plate.
The video is split into two segments, so be sure to check out Part 2 below. Also, we're going to attempt to do a live online show Tuesday at 1 p.m. More details to come, but set your mental clocks now to join us next week…Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SUN: Nats at Phillies, 1:35 p.m.
MON: All-Star break
TUE: All-Star Game at Minneapolis, 8 p.m.
WED: All-Star break
THU: All-Star break
FRI: Brewers at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Brewers at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals reliever Tyler Clippard added to All-Star roster
- Roark, Nats aim to end first half on a high note in Philly
- Zimmerman delivers latest game-winner for Nats
- Instant analysis: Nats 5, Phillies 3 (10)
- Zimmermann likely to avoid DL with biceps strain
- Strasburg faces Hamels in pitching showdown
- Nats have zero All-Stars after Zimmermann replaced
- Harper homers but still battling out of slump
- Nats lose Zimmermann, fall to Phillies 6-2
- Zimmermann hopeful biceps cramp isn't serious