Mar 10, 2011, 2:37 PM EDT
Being back in D.C. during the middle of spring training has its obvious disadvantages. But on the bright side, it does allow me to head over to Comcast SportsNet's studios to shoot some video segments.
Yesterday, I joined web producer Chase Hughes for the latest installment of a show we're calling "Beltway Baseball" to discuss various aspects of Nationals camp so far. Among the subjects we tackle are the overall vibe of professionalism this spring in Viera, Bryce Harper, Ross Detwiler, Nyjer Morgan and the battle for jobs in left field, the rotation and behind the plate.
The video is split into two segments, so be sure to check out Part 2 below. Also, we're going to attempt to do a live online show Tuesday at 1 p.m. More details to come, but set your mental clocks now to join us next week…Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Tuesday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Tuesday's early games
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals defeat Mets in triumphant return home
- Updated: Span leaves Tuesday's game with injury
- Division champ Nats come home for final week
- Zimmermann may be pushed back a day with bruised shoulder
- Zimmerman sits out vs. Mets after feeling soreness over weekend
- Around the NL East: Big offseasons ahead
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff