Mar 10, 2011, 11:22 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Osceola County Stadium, spring home of the Houston Astros.
This is the Nationals' only split-squad day of the spring. They already won the afternoon game in Viera, beating the Mets 6-5 behind five scoreless innings from Chad Gaudin and a pair of RBI apiece from Jayson Werth and Adam LaRoche.
Tonight, Tom Gorzelanny takes the mound for the first time this spring, facing the Astros in Kissimmee. Given Gaudin's strong outing today, not to mention the impressive showings so far this spring from Ross Detwiler and Yunesky Maya, Gorzelanny may be feeling a little pressure to perform right out of the gate.
Bryce Harper, by the way,
wound up not playing in the afternoon game wound up getting one at-bat in the afternoon game, flying out to left. Have to figure he'll also work his way into this one. If you want to listen, the Astros' radio feed should be available online…
NATIONALS (ss) at ASTROS
Where: Osceola County Stadium, Kissimmee
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Astros radio via XM and MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Cloudy, 62 degrees, Wind 14 mph out to RF
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Jerry Hairston
C Wilson Ramos
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?