Mar 10, 2011, 11:22 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Osceola County Stadium, spring home of the Houston Astros.
This is the Nationals' only split-squad day of the spring. They already won the afternoon game in Viera, beating the Mets 6-5 behind five scoreless innings from Chad Gaudin and a pair of RBI apiece from Jayson Werth and Adam LaRoche.
Tonight, Tom Gorzelanny takes the mound for the first time this spring, facing the Astros in Kissimmee. Given Gaudin's strong outing today, not to mention the impressive showings so far this spring from Ross Detwiler and Yunesky Maya, Gorzelanny may be feeling a little pressure to perform right out of the gate.
Bryce Harper, by the way,
wound up not playing in the afternoon game wound up getting one at-bat in the afternoon game, flying out to left. Have to figure he'll also work his way into this one. If you want to listen, the Astros' radio feed should be available online…
NATIONALS (ss) at ASTROS
Where: Osceola County Stadium, Kissimmee
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Astros radio via XM and MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Cloudy, 62 degrees, Wind 14 mph out to RF
LF Roger Bernadina
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Jerry Hairston
C Wilson Ramos
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder