Mar 10, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Rain delayed the start of today's game against the Mets.
It looks like they're finally ready to play down in Viera, where heavy rain this morning delayed the start of this game an hour. That could create a bit of a dilemma for members of the coaching staff planning to make it to Kissimmee for tonight's 7:05 p.m. split-squad game against the Astros. (Actually, Bryce Harper is scheduled to appear in both games.)
Chad Gaudin gets the ball in Viera against the Mets, perhaps his last shot at making a case for the No. 5 starter's job. Tom Gorzelanny, the presumed front-runner for that job, makes his first start tonight against the Astros.
METS (ss) at NATIONALS (ss)
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Weather: Cloudy, 71 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
DH Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'