Mar 10, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Rain delayed the start of today's game against the Mets.
It looks like they're finally ready to play down in Viera, where heavy rain this morning delayed the start of this game an hour. That could create a bit of a dilemma for members of the coaching staff planning to make it to Kissimmee for tonight's 7:05 p.m. split-squad game against the Astros. (Actually, Bryce Harper is scheduled to appear in both games.)
Chad Gaudin gets the ball in Viera against the Mets, perhaps his last shot at making a case for the No. 5 starter's job. Tom Gorzelanny, the presumed front-runner for that job, makes his first start tonight against the Astros.
METS (ss) at NATIONALS (ss)
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Weather: Cloudy, 71 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
DH Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats waiting for MRI on Escobar's groin strain
- Zimmermann tries to lead Nats to 4th straight W
- Impressive Scherzer giving Nats lots of innings
- Nats 7, Phillies 2: Harper homers, Scherzer cruises
- Escobar leaves Nats game with strained groin
- Stammen on season-ending surgery: "Bring it on"
- Marlins catcher not happy after getting benched: 'Yeah I’m mad'
- Nats hope to keep bats rolling vs. Phillies
- MLB Power Rankings: Red Sox, Dodgers flying high
- Nats' offense continues to roll in win vs. Phillies