Mar 10, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Rain delayed the start of today's game against the Mets.
It looks like they're finally ready to play down in Viera, where heavy rain this morning delayed the start of this game an hour. That could create a bit of a dilemma for members of the coaching staff planning to make it to Kissimmee for tonight's 7:05 p.m. split-squad game against the Astros. (Actually, Bryce Harper is scheduled to appear in both games.)
Chad Gaudin gets the ball in Viera against the Mets, perhaps his last shot at making a case for the No. 5 starter's job. Tom Gorzelanny, the presumed front-runner for that job, makes his first start tonight against the Astros.
METS (ss) at NATIONALS (ss)
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Weather: Cloudy, 71 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
DH Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires