Mar 10, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Rain delayed the start of today's game against the Mets.
It looks like they're finally ready to play down in Viera, where heavy rain this morning delayed the start of this game an hour. That could create a bit of a dilemma for members of the coaching staff planning to make it to Kissimmee for tonight's 7:05 p.m. split-squad game against the Astros. (Actually, Bryce Harper is scheduled to appear in both games.)
Chad Gaudin gets the ball in Viera against the Mets, perhaps his last shot at making a case for the No. 5 starter's job. Tom Gorzelanny, the presumed front-runner for that job, makes his first start tonight against the Astros.
METS (ss) at NATIONALS (ss)
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Weather: Cloudy, 71 degrees, Wind 12 mph RF to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
DH Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey