Mar 11, 2011, 10:18 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals host the Astros tonight at Space Coast Stadium.
Plenty worth watching during the Nationals' game tonight against the Astros. Good thing it's on MASN for your viewing pleasure.
Livan Hernandez gets the start and is scheduled to go as many as five innings. Ross Detwiler is due to follow Livo and could up to four innings, which means the Nats may only use two pitchers tonight if everything goes according to plan.
Ryan Zimmerman, meanwhile, returns to the lineup after missing three days with a minor abdominal strain. Jesus Flores, still looking for his first hit of the spring (he's 0-for-9), will serve as DH. Michael Morse gets a chance to start at first base with Adam LaRoche getting the night off.
I'm covering the Capitals-Hurricanes game at Verizon Center tonight, so I won't get a chance to watch the ballgame. But I'm always curious to hear your thoughts on both the game and the MASN broadcast, so please be sure to share them throughout the evening…
ASTROS at NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 6:05 p.m.
Weather: Clear, 63 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to LF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Tuesday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Tuesday's early games
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals defeat Mets in triumphant return home
- Span leaves Tuesday's game with possible injury
- Division champ Nats come home for final week
- Zimmermann may be pushed back a day with bruised shoulder
- Zimmerman sits out vs. Mets after feeling soreness over weekend
- Around the NL East: Big offseasons ahead
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff