Mar 12, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals host the Yankees this afternoon at Space Coast Stadium.
For the first time ever, the Yankees are playing in Viera. Well, I suppose I should amend that to say a couple of Yankees are playing in Viera. The majority of the guys wearing the famous interlocked NY caps this afternoon will actually be spending their season in Scranton.
But Brett Gardner, Robinson Cano and A.J. Burnett did make the trip across the state from Tampa. So did Justin Maxwell, the former Terps and Nats outfielder who was traded to New York this winter and is now trying to catch on with the Bronx Bombers. Maxwell's numbers so far this spring: 4-for-20 with four walks and seven strikeouts.
John Lannan gets the ball for the Nationals, with Yunesky Maya slated to follow. Most of the regulars are in the lineup, including Michael Morse, who is "winning" the left field job so far, Jim Riggleman told reporters this morning.
Bob and F.P. have the game on MASN, so sit back and enjoy…
YANKEES at NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV: MASN (live), MLB Network (tape delay, 7 p.m.)
Weather: Sunny, 69 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win