Mar 12, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals host the Yankees this afternoon at Space Coast Stadium.
For the first time ever, the Yankees are playing in Viera. Well, I suppose I should amend that to say a couple of Yankees are playing in Viera. The majority of the guys wearing the famous interlocked NY caps this afternoon will actually be spending their season in Scranton.
But Brett Gardner, Robinson Cano and A.J. Burnett did make the trip across the state from Tampa. So did Justin Maxwell, the former Terps and Nats outfielder who was traded to New York this winter and is now trying to catch on with the Bronx Bombers. Maxwell's numbers so far this spring: 4-for-20 with four walks and seven strikeouts.
John Lannan gets the ball for the Nationals, with Yunesky Maya slated to follow. Most of the regulars are in the lineup, including Michael Morse, who is "winning" the left field job so far, Jim Riggleman told reporters this morning.
Bob and F.P. have the game on MASN, so sit back and enjoy…
YANKEES at NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV: MASN (live), MLB Network (tape delay, 7 p.m.)
Weather: Sunny, 69 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to RF
CF Roger Bernadina
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall