Mar 13, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats are back in Jupiter again today to face the Marlins.
It's been four whole days since the Nationals last played the Marlins, so I think contractually they were required to make the trip down to Jupiter this morning. I kid, of course, but it sure does seem like these two teams play an inordinate number of times. Just one of several reasons the Nats are looking to move out of Viera to either Florida's Gulf Coast or Arizona, where there are more teams in closer proximity.
Today's game features Jordan Zimmermann, who has yet to allow a run in six innings this spring, plus reliever Henry Rodriguez, who is finally making his Grapefruit League debut after arriving to camp late following visa issues.
Plenty of Nationals regulars made trip, including Jayson Werth, Adam LaRoche, Nyjer Morgan and Danny Espinosa. If you subscribe to MLB.tv's package, you can watch the game via the Marlins' broadcast…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
TV: FSN Florida via MLB.tv
Radio: Marlins radio via XM and MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Mostly sunny, 73 degrees, Wind 7 mph in from RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Alex Cora
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies
- LaRoche gets rare night off with tight back
- Gonzalez faces Hamels in showdown of southpaws
- Nats' Triple-A affiliate Syracuse raking in postseason awards
- A primer on postseason roster eligibility rules
- Around the NL East: Stanton making strong push for NL MVP
- Nationals can't pull off dramatic rally this time
- Nats' momentum stalls vs. Phillies in first game of long road trip
- Cabrera out of lineup, but not seriously injured