Mar 14, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Craig Stammen is trying to win a spot in the Nationals' bullpen.
The midway point of spring training has come and gone, and though the Nationals haven't quite reached the home stretch, it's fast approaching.
Over these final 2 1/2 weeks of camp, the Nats have a number of decisions to make, trying to put pieces of the puzzle together that ultimately produces the 25-man Opening Day roster. The way these various pieces interlock, one decision can directly affect two or three others, complicating the process.
Everyone knew what the biggest roster battles were entering the spring. But where do things stand now, on March 14?
Let's run through several competitions…
Entering camp: Roger Bernadina vs. Michael Morse vs. Rick Ankiel
This one has all but been decided already. Morse has been a beast at the plate this spring, going 14-for-28 with five homers, 10 RBI and an insane 1.623 OPS. That prompted both Jim Riggleman and Mike RizzoRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A blast and a bloop keep red-hot Nats rolling
- Nats bats come alive late in 6-4 win over Marlins
- Reed Johnson has surgery, could be out a while
- Barrett seizing setup role but watching workload
- Janssen close to big step in rehab from shoulder tendinitis
- Rendon diagnosed with new injury, shut down by Nats doctors
- 'Baseball in the District' - Marlins' voice Glenn Geffner
- The Baseball Show: A turning point last week?
- State of the Nats: An impressive weekend in New York
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets