Mar 14, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Craig Stammen is trying to win a spot in the Nationals' bullpen.
The midway point of spring training has come and gone, and though the Nationals haven't quite reached the home stretch, it's fast approaching.
Over these final 2 1/2 weeks of camp, the Nats have a number of decisions to make, trying to put pieces of the puzzle together that ultimately produces the 25-man Opening Day roster. The way these various pieces interlock, one decision can directly affect two or three others, complicating the process.
Everyone knew what the biggest roster battles were entering the spring. But where do things stand now, on March 14?
Let's run through several competitions…
Entering camp: Roger Bernadina vs. Michael Morse vs. Rick Ankiel
This one has all but been decided already. Morse has been a beast at the plate this spring, going 14-for-28 with five homers, 10 RBI and an insane 1.623 OPS. That prompted both Jim Riggleman and Mike RizzoRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising
- Where the Nats stand at the quarter pole
- Mark Zuckerman gives his take on Harper, Williams ejections
- Harper stories from his college teammate, Chasen Shreve
- Scherzer on his start, chocolate sauce & Harper-Miggy