Mar 15, 2011, 2:13 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis is one of several Nats starters pitching brilliantly this spring.
First off, a programming note: We're attempting to do a live version of "Beltway Baseball" at 1 p.m. today, with CSNwashington.com producer Chase Hughes and myself talking all things Nats from the digital studio at CSN headquarters. The show will be available right here on Nats Insider, so check the homepage shortly before 1 p.m. for the streaming video. …
Meanwhile, the Nationals don't play down in Florida until 7:10 p.m. against the Mets, so I wanted to take this opportunity to raise a point about spring training numbers. I've made the argument here before that you have to be careful reading too much into Grapefruit League stats, because they don't always reflect the situations the players are in or what they may specifically be working on at the plate and on the mound.
But what about overall team stats? Should we read anything into that? Specifically, I'm talking about the Nats' 10-6 record so far this spring.
Spring records can at times be meaningless. If your team trails at the end of five innings each day, then rallies to win late once all the backups and minor-leaguers are in the game, it doesn't really meanRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs
- MLB postseason begins tonight: Wild Card playoff preview
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats