Mar 15, 2011, 2:13 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis is one of several Nats starters pitching brilliantly this spring.
First off, a programming note: We're attempting to do a live version of "Beltway Baseball" at 1 p.m. today, with CSNwashington.com producer Chase Hughes and myself talking all things Nats from the digital studio at CSN headquarters. The show will be available right here on Nats Insider, so check the homepage shortly before 1 p.m. for the streaming video. …
Meanwhile, the Nationals don't play down in Florida until 7:10 p.m. against the Mets, so I wanted to take this opportunity to raise a point about spring training numbers. I've made the argument here before that you have to be careful reading too much into Grapefruit League stats, because they don't always reflect the situations the players are in or what they may specifically be working on at the plate and on the mound.
But what about overall team stats? Should we read anything into that? Specifically, I'm talking about the Nats' 10-6 record so far this spring.
Spring records can at times be meaningless. If your team trails at the end of five innings each day, then rallies to win late once all the backups and minor-leaguers are in the game, it doesn't really meanRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"