Mar 17, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann has yet to allow a run in 11 Grapefruit League innings.
The NCAA Tournament begins today — don't try to tell me the Big Dance started Tuesday with those silly "First Four" games — which means the sports world will be in full college basketball mode for the next couple of weeks. It also means baseball season is creeping ever closer.
In fact, Opening Day is a mere two weeks away. Yep, 14 days from now, Livan Hernandez will be taking the mound at Nationals Park with the Braves occupying the visiting dugout and (hopefully) a sellout crowd on hand for the festivities.
There's still plenty that needs to be sorted out before then, but plenty already has been sorted out down at Nats camp. The starting rotation has come together pretty nicely this spring. Michael Morse has seized a starting job. Jayson Werth and Adam LaRoche have blended in well with their new teammates. Stephen Strasburg is playing catch every other day with no problems. Bryce Harper made a nice impression during his stint in big-league camp.
What, though, is the most important development of the spring so far? I can think of several candidates, and I'm curious what everyone thinks about this. Here are the possibilities I've come up with, in noRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2