Mar 17, 2011, 1:55 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann has yet to allow a run in 11 Grapefruit League innings.
The NCAA Tournament begins today — don't try to tell me the Big Dance started Tuesday with those silly "First Four" games — which means the sports world will be in full college basketball mode for the next couple of weeks. It also means baseball season is creeping ever closer.
In fact, Opening Day is a mere two weeks away. Yep, 14 days from now, Livan Hernandez will be taking the mound at Nationals Park with the Braves occupying the visiting dugout and (hopefully) a sellout crowd on hand for the festivities.
There's still plenty that needs to be sorted out before then, but plenty already has been sorted out down at Nats camp. The starting rotation has come together pretty nicely this spring. Michael Morse has seized a starting job. Jayson Werth and Adam LaRoche have blended in well with their new teammates. Stephen Strasburg is playing catch every other day with no problems. Bryce Harper made a nice impression during his stint in big-league camp.
What, though, is the most important development of the spring so far? I can think of several candidates, and I'm curious what everyone thinks about this. Here are the possibilities I've come up with, in noRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring
- Nats introduce new 'Red Carpet Rewards' program
- Desmond hits 1 of Nationals' 4 homers in win
- Former Nats OF Rick Ankiel is retiring
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Nats position battles
- Gonzalez, Werth make long-awaited spring debuts