Mar 17, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats face the Braves tonight at Disney's Wide World of Sports.
Pretty good test for the Nationals tonight against a Braves lineup that should bear quite a lot of resemblance to the one we'll see at Nationals Park two weeks from today. That includes Tim Hudson, who gets the ball tonight in Lake Buena Vista and will get the ball again on Opening Day.
Yunesky Maya gets the start for the Nationals in this one. It's John Lannan's turn in the rotation, but he pitched this morning in a minor-league game (and apparently pitched quite well over six innings). This could be Maya's last shot at cracking the Opening Day rotation, though as we've pointed out throughout the spring, even a fantastic performance by Maya may not prevent him from opening the season at Syracuse.
The game is being televised by the Braves' crew and will be simulcast on MLB Network.
I believe, however, it will be blacked out in the D.C. area. Fortunately, Charlie and Dave are back in town and will be calling the next four games on the radio, tonight on 106.7 FM.
UPDATE: OK, guess I was wrong. The MLB Network website said the game was subject to blackout in local areas, but it's on right now at my house.
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Disney's Wide World of Sports, Lake Buena Vista
Gametime: 6:05 p.m.
TV: MLB Network
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 80 degrees, Wind 9 mph in from CF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals