Mar 17, 2011, 9:00 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats face the Braves tonight at Disney's Wide World of Sports.
Pretty good test for the Nationals tonight against a Braves lineup that should bear quite a lot of resemblance to the one we'll see at Nationals Park two weeks from today. That includes Tim Hudson, who gets the ball tonight in Lake Buena Vista and will get the ball again on Opening Day.
Yunesky Maya gets the start for the Nationals in this one. It's John Lannan's turn in the rotation, but he pitched this morning in a minor-league game (and apparently pitched quite well over six innings). This could be Maya's last shot at cracking the Opening Day rotation, though as we've pointed out throughout the spring, even a fantastic performance by Maya may not prevent him from opening the season at Syracuse.
The game is being televised by the Braves' crew and will be simulcast on MLB Network.
I believe, however, it will be blacked out in the D.C. area. Fortunately, Charlie and Dave are back in town and will be calling the next four games on the radio, tonight on 106.7 FM.
UPDATE: OK, guess I was wrong. The MLB Network website said the game was subject to blackout in local areas, but it's on right now at my house.
NATIONALS at BRAVES
Where: Disney's Wide World of Sports, Lake Buena Vista
Gametime: 6:05 p.m.
TV: MLB Network
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 80 degrees, Wind 9 mph in from CF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann gives up first run as Nats split squad loses 2-1
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games
- Wainwright wants Bryce Harper to take it easy on him (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Fernandez face off as Marlins host Nats
- Nats owner Mark Lerner on the Wizards’ broadcast (VIDEO)
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?