Mar 18, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nationals host the Cardinals today at Space Coast Stadium.
Jordan Zimmermann has pitched 11 innings this spring and surrendered zero runs. For a guy everyone's counting on to step up and become a front-line starter, he couldn't be enjoying a more encouraging spring so far. Today, the young right-hander will look to continue the scoreless streak against a Cardinals lineup that is without Albert Pujols, Lance Berkman and Colby Rasmus.
Danny Espinosa and Ivan Rodriguez were originally listed in the Nationals' lineup, but each was scratched late this morning. Espinosa (foot) and Rodriguez (calf), of course, have been dealing with some minor injuries. Sounds like the team is simply being extra-cautious with both guys; they didn't experience any setbacks.
Charlie and Dave have the call on 1580 AM…
CARDINALS at NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WHFS (1580 AM)
Weather: Sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2