Mar 19, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis faces Chris Capuano this afternoon at Digital Domain Park.
So much for those winning ways down in Florida. The Nationals have lost five straight entering today's game against the Mets in Port St. Lucie, with the pitching staff contributing largely to those woes.
Jason Marquis, who has allowed only one run and six hits in 12 innings this spring, takes the mound today trying to help halt the losing streak. He'll have a couple of regulars back in his lineup, with Danny Espinosa and Ivan Rodriguez returning from their minor injuries. No Ryan Zimmerman yet, though.
NATIONALS AT METS (ss)
Where: Digital Domain Park, Port St. Lucie
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
TV: Mets broadcast via MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Sunny, 79 degrees, Wind 12 mph in from RF
CF Jerry Hairston
2B Danny Espinosa
SS Ian Desmond
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally