Mar 21, 2011, 10:41 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Tony La Russa and Ian Desmond bark at each other during today’s game.
JUPITER, Fla. — Bench-clearing incidents are rare events in spring training, but we saw one today at Roger Dean Stadium after three batters were plunked in a span of two innings.
No punches were thrown, but Jim Riggleman and Tony La Russa (longtime baseball friends and former co-workers) had some serious words for each other.
What precipitated all this, and what did everyone have to say afterward? Check out my full story on CSNwashington.com.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series