Mar 21, 2011, 3:54 PM EST
JUPITER, Fla. — Top Nationals prospect Bryce Harper sprained his left ankle running to first base in a minor-league scrimmage Monday morning in Viera.
The severity of the injury won’t be known until Harper undergoes X-rays and a possibe MRI, though a team spokesman said the 18-year-old outfielder is listed as “day-to-day” for now.
Here’s my article for CSNwashington.com, which I’ll be updating as we get more info.
UPDATE: Jim Riggleman suggested the injury is not serious: “The little bit of information I got was that he’s fine. Just turned his ankle and he’s fine.”
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?