Mar 21, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
JUPITER, Fla. — Top Nationals prospect Bryce Harper sprained his left ankle running to first base in a minor-league scrimmage Monday morning in Viera.
The severity of the injury won’t be known until Harper undergoes X-rays and a possibe MRI, though a team spokesman said the 18-year-old outfielder is listed as “day-to-day” for now.
Here’s my article for CSNwashington.com, which I’ll be updating as we get more info.
UPDATE: Jim Riggleman suggested the injury is not serious: “The little bit of information I got was that he’s fine. Just turned his ankle and he’s fine.”
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Mets find lefty relief help in trade with Padres
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals