Mar 22, 2011, 10:18 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Drew Storen helped his case today with a 1-2-3 ninth inning.
VIERA, Fla. — Drew Storen is a bright guy, we all know that. He went back to Stanford last fall to continue his pursuit of an engineering degree. He described his pitching mechanics today using a word — “biomechanically” — plenty of his teammates with the Nationals probably can’t even pronounce.
Sometimes, though, Storen’s inquisitive and analytical nature can get the best of him. Sometimes, he starts over-thinking things, which can compound the mistakes he’s already making.
So perhaps the most important thing Storen said Tuesday about his 1-2-3 ninth inning against the Astros was the simplest thing he said: “I needed that.”
He sure did.
Storen’s strong outing perhaps helped clear a few things up in the Nationals bullpen, though there’s still plenty else to sort out over the final week of camp, as you’ll read on CSNwashington.com.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos