Mar 24, 2011, 10:12 PM EDT
LAKELAND, Fla. — Jayson Werth may be the highest-paid player on the Nationals roster this season, but he there’s a good chance he won’t lead the team in RBI after Jim Riggleman revealed plans today to bat the $126 million right fielder second in his nightly lineup.
“I think it probably, in a perfect world, sets our club up best,” Riggleman said before the Nationals’ exhibition game against the Tigers, with Werth batting second for the first time this spring.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves
- Prospects Cole, Rivero cut from big-league camp
- Desperate Braves sign Santana for $14 million
- The good, the bad and the ugly of Nats camp
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees