Mar 25, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Tom Gorzelanny faces the Cardinals' "A" lineup tonight at Space Coast Stadium.
VIERA, Fla. — Tom Gorzelanny has essentially locked up the fifth starter's job, so his standing probably isn't going to change based on how he pitches tonight. Still, the Nationals would like to see the lefty have some success against a Cardinals lineup full of regulars.
Tony LaRussa brought his "A" team with him to Viera, including Albert Pujols and Matt Holliday. Jim Riggleman counters with Jayson Werth and Ryan Zimmerman, but a lot of backups as well.
Nyjer Morgan leads off for the second straight night and is in center field. There's every reason to believe at this point that Rick Ankiel will be out there on Opening Day, but until something is officially done, Morgan will continue to get opportunities to state his case.
MASN has the broadcast with Bob and F.P., and Charlie and Dave also have the call on the radio. So settle in for a Friday night of some spring training baseball…
CARDINALS at NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 6:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
Weather: Sunny, 77 degrees, Wind 7 mph LF to RF
CF Nyjer Morgan
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
C Wilson Ramos
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly
- Strasburg steps up as Nats take 1st game of doubleheader in Philly
- Nats and Phillies wrap up series with doubleheader
- Nats miffed at Phillies over postponed game
- Harper, Escobar, Span all out of Nats lineup again