Mar 28, 2011, 7:19 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Roger Bernadina lost out to Matt Stairs and Laynce Nix for a backup outfield spot.
VIERA, Fla. — The Nationals have trimmed their spring training roster down to 26, with only one decision left to make: Whether Alex Cora or Alberto Gonzalez makes the club as a backup infielder.
Today’s moves: Roger Bernadina, Ross Detwiler, Collin Balester and Brian Bixler sent down; Chien-Ming Wang and Elvin Ramirez to the 60-day DL; Elvin Ramirez to the 15-day DL.
That means Matt Stairs, Laynce Nix and Brian Broderick have made the club.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants