Mar 29, 2011, 8:46 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Adam LaRoche homered and drew two walks in his return to the lineup.
VIERA, Fla. — Adam LaRoche insists he’s not concerned about the state of his left shoulder, and if his performance today was any indication, the Nationals first baseman may be right about that.
Playing in his first exhibition game since receiving a cortisone shot to alleviate the slight labrum tear in his throwing shoulder, LaRoche homered, drew a pair of walks and looked comfortable in the field.
He’s still not ready to cut loose with throws, but he hopes he’ll be able to start doing that soon.
“It feels great,” he said. “That shot, so far, has done exactly what we want it to do. Whether it took some of the inflammation out or just oiled it up a little bit, either way it’s feeling noticeably better.”
For more from LaRoche, as well as items about Jordan Zimmermann and Drew Storen’s rough outings, Ivan Rodriguez’s appearance at first base and Sean Burnett’s interesting take on the influence of veterans in the Nats’ clubhouse, read my full story on CSNwashington.com.
That’ll do it from here in Viera. I’m off to Orlando to catch my flight home. Talk to you guys tomorrow from NatsFest.
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals