Mar 29, 2011, 8:46 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Adam LaRoche homered and drew two walks in his return to the lineup.
VIERA, Fla. — Adam LaRoche insists he’s not concerned about the state of his left shoulder, and if his performance today was any indication, the Nationals first baseman may be right about that.
Playing in his first exhibition game since receiving a cortisone shot to alleviate the slight labrum tear in his throwing shoulder, LaRoche homered, drew a pair of walks and looked comfortable in the field.
He’s still not ready to cut loose with throws, but he hopes he’ll be able to start doing that soon.
“It feels great,” he said. “That shot, so far, has done exactly what we want it to do. Whether it took some of the inflammation out or just oiled it up a little bit, either way it’s feeling noticeably better.”
For more from LaRoche, as well as items about Jordan Zimmermann and Drew Storen’s rough outings, Ivan Rodriguez’s appearance at first base and Sean Burnett’s interesting take on the influence of veterans in the Nats’ clubhouse, read my full story on CSNwashington.com.
That’ll do it from here in Viera. I’m off to Orlando to catch my flight home. Talk to you guys tomorrow from NatsFest.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising