Mar 29, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Grapefruit League concludes today at Space Coast Stadium.
VIERA, Fla. — It's the final day of spring training, but the lineups for both the Nationals and Mets have a decided regular-season feel to them.
Jim Riggleman's starting nine today is very likely what you'll see when the Nationals are facing a left-handed starter, with Michael Morse and Adam LaRoche flip-flopped and Jerry Hairston in center field over Rick Ankiel.
The Mets, meanwhile, are going with what appears to be their regular lineup, including Carlos Beltran (who has been dealing with a lingering knee injury but will apparently avoid the DL to open the season.
No TV or radio coverage today, so check back here for updates throughout the afternoon…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 12:05 p.m.
Weather: Partly cloudy, 76 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series