Mar 29, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Grapefruit League concludes today at Space Coast Stadium.
VIERA, Fla. — It's the final day of spring training, but the lineups for both the Nationals and Mets have a decided regular-season feel to them.
Jim Riggleman's starting nine today is very likely what you'll see when the Nationals are facing a left-handed starter, with Michael Morse and Adam LaRoche flip-flopped and Jerry Hairston in center field over Rick Ankiel.
The Mets, meanwhile, are going with what appears to be their regular lineup, including Carlos Beltran (who has been dealing with a lingering knee injury but will apparently avoid the DL to open the season.
No TV or radio coverage today, so check back here for updates throughout the afternoon…
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 12:05 p.m.
Weather: Partly cloudy, 76 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Michael Morse
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?