Mar 30, 2011, 9:41 PM EST
Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper stood inside the spacious and luxurious clubhouse at Nationals Park, feeling for one day at least like they were part of the team that will take the field Thursday afternoon against the Atlanta Braves.
By the time each Nationals player is introduced to the sellout crowd and assembles along the first-base line to stand for the national anthem, though, Strasburg and Harper will be long gone. Due to fly back to Viera, Fla., on Thursday, the two most recognizable players in the Nationals’ organization are about to disappear for a while.
“It’s going to be tough going back to Florida,” Strasburg said. “That’s for sure.”
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason