Mar 31, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Opening Day has arrived, and though the weather outside may not suggest it, baseball season is at long last upon us.
For those of you headed to Nationals Park today, be sure to bundle up and bring your rain gear. And be sure to stop by The Bullpen bar across from the center field gate, where ESPN 980 AM will be broadcasting live from 10 a.m. through 2 p.m. I'm scheduled to be out there from roughly 11 a.m. through 12:30 p.m., so please come on over and say hello.
OK, it's time for some predictions. As we did last year, my beat writer counterparts and I came up with a bunch of different categories to contemplate. Here's what everyone is predicting for the Nationals in 2011…
Who will represent the team at the All-Star Game?
Mark Zuckerman (CSNWashington.com) — Ryan Zimmerman
Adam Kilgore (Washington Post) — Ryan Zimmerman, Jayson Werth and Sean Burnett
Dave Sheinin (Washington Post) — Ryan Zimmerman
Amanda Comak (Washington Times) — Ryan Zimmerman
Ben Goessling (MASNsports.com) — Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth
Pete Kerzel (MASNsports.com) — Ryan Zimmerman
Bill Ladson (MLB.com) — Ryan Zimmerman, Jayson Werth and Danny Espinosa
Craig Heist (WTOP) — Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth
What will total home attendance be?
Craig Heist — 2,512,759
Bill Ladson — 2,500,000
Pete Kerzel — 1,987,654
Dave Sheinin — 1,841,000Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder