Mar 31, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Opening Day has arrived, and though the weather outside may not suggest it, baseball season is at long last upon us.
For those of you headed to Nationals Park today, be sure to bundle up and bring your rain gear. And be sure to stop by The Bullpen bar across from the center field gate, where ESPN 980 AM will be broadcasting live from 10 a.m. through 2 p.m. I'm scheduled to be out there from roughly 11 a.m. through 12:30 p.m., so please come on over and say hello.
OK, it's time for some predictions. As we did last year, my beat writer counterparts and I came up with a bunch of different categories to contemplate. Here's what everyone is predicting for the Nationals in 2011…
Who will represent the team at the All-Star Game?
Mark Zuckerman (CSNWashington.com) — Ryan Zimmerman
Adam Kilgore (Washington Post) — Ryan Zimmerman, Jayson Werth and Sean Burnett
Dave Sheinin (Washington Post) — Ryan Zimmerman
Amanda Comak (Washington Times) — Ryan Zimmerman
Ben Goessling (MASNsports.com) — Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth
Pete Kerzel (MASNsports.com) — Ryan Zimmerman
Bill Ladson (MLB.com) — Ryan Zimmerman, Jayson Werth and Danny Espinosa
Craig Heist (WTOP) — Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth
What will total home attendance be?
Craig Heist — 2,512,759
Bill Ladson — 2,500,000
Pete Kerzel — 1,987,654
Dave Sheinin — 1,841,000Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring
- Braves' starter to see Dr. James Andrews about injury
- New addition scratched from Nationals debut
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play
- Mets' Wheeler: 'I guarantee you we all saw what Bryce Harper said'
- After a trying year, Gwynn Jr. tries to come back
- Nationals players excited to see pitching staff in action