Apr 2, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan faces Tommy Hanson today at Nationals Park.
Though Jim Riggleman insisted all spring Ivan Rodriguez would be his Opening Day catcher, the Nationals manager never said Pudge would be his everyday catcher. There has been an understanding all along that Wilson Ramos would be getting a significant number of at-bats, and eventually taking over as the team's No. 1 catcher.
So it's not really a surprise that Ramos is behind the plate today in only the season's second game. I don't think he's suddenly become the everyday guy himself, but if it wasn't clear already, it should be now: Ramos is at the very least splitting the job with Rodriguez.
John Lannan takes the mound for the Nationals, facing a Braves lineup that is unchanged from Opening Day. Right-hander Tommy Hanson starts for Atlanta. Plenty of updates to come…
BRAVES at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
Weather: Scattered storms, 48 degrees, Wind 10 mph LF to RF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK