Apr 5, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Wednesday, 7:10 p.m. –- RHP Livan Hernandez (0-1, 2.84) vs. RHP Chris Volstad (12-9, 4.58 in 2010).
TV: MASN Radio: WHFS (1580 AM)
Thursday, 7:10 p.m. –- LHP John Lannan (1-0, 1.80) vs. RHP Josh Johnson (1-0, 2.70).
TV: MASN Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
While the Phillies and Braves drew most of the headlines over the winter as the powerhouses of the NL East, the Marlins quietly made some shrewd moves that could keep them in the mix all season. New catcher John Buck is off to a strong start, as are relievers Clay Hensley and Mike Dunn. Veteran right-hander Javier Vazquez struggled in his season debut Sunday, but Florida hopes he'll be a key contributor to a deep rotation that boasts a true ace in Josh Johnson (who carried a no-hitter into the seventh inning on Opening Day). Throw in one of the best all-around players in the game in Hanley Ramirez and stud right fielder Mike Stanton, and the Marlins look well-positioned to competeRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?