Apr 5, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Wednesday, 7:10 p.m. –- RHP Livan Hernandez (0-1, 2.84) vs. RHP Chris Volstad (12-9, 4.58 in 2010).
TV: MASN Radio: WHFS (1580 AM)
Thursday, 7:10 p.m. –- LHP John Lannan (1-0, 1.80) vs. RHP Josh Johnson (1-0, 2.70).
TV: MASN Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
While the Phillies and Braves drew most of the headlines over the winter as the powerhouses of the NL East, the Marlins quietly made some shrewd moves that could keep them in the mix all season. New catcher John Buck is off to a strong start, as are relievers Clay Hensley and Mike Dunn. Veteran right-hander Javier Vazquez struggled in his season debut Sunday, but Florida hopes he'll be a key contributor to a deep rotation that boasts a true ace in Josh Johnson (who carried a no-hitter into the seventh inning on Opening Day). Throw in one of the best all-around players in the game in Hanley Ramirez and stud right fielder Mike Stanton, and the Marlins look well-positioned to competeRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?