Apr 5, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Wednesday, 7:10 p.m. –- RHP Livan Hernandez (0-1, 2.84) vs. RHP Chris Volstad (12-9, 4.58 in 2010).
TV: MASN Radio: WHFS (1580 AM)
Thursday, 7:10 p.m. –- LHP John Lannan (1-0, 1.80) vs. RHP Josh Johnson (1-0, 2.70).
TV: MASN Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
While the Phillies and Braves drew most of the headlines over the winter as the powerhouses of the NL East, the Marlins quietly made some shrewd moves that could keep them in the mix all season. New catcher John Buck is off to a strong start, as are relievers Clay Hensley and Mike Dunn. Veteran right-hander Javier Vazquez struggled in his season debut Sunday, but Florida hopes he'll be a key contributor to a deep rotation that boasts a true ace in Josh Johnson (who carried a no-hitter into the seventh inning on Opening Day). Throw in one of the best all-around players in the game in Hanley Ramirez and stud right fielder Mike Stanton, and the Marlins look well-positioned to competeRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m. TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle