Apr 6, 2011, 7:14 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Livan Hernandez faces Chris Volstad tonight at Sun Life Stadium.
MIAMI — Well, so much for that new leadoff hitter. Jim Riggleman said yesterday Danny Espinosa would be in the top spot of tonight's lineup, with Ian Desmond batting seventh. It appears the manager changed his mind at some point, because Desmond (0-for-13) is back leading off again, with Espinosa (4-for-10) back in the 7-hole. We'll see what Riggleman has to say about that.
Livan Hernandez, meanwhile, makes his second start of the season, hoping to pick up where he left off on Opening Day (two runs, four hits in 6 1/3 innings). He'll have one of his biggest supporters in attendance: Half-brother Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez, who was in the stands last night and actually caught two foul balls! (Of course, your odds of doing that increase by a huge factor when you're one of only 2,000 or fans in attendance.)
One final note: Several of you have been asking about the Nats' radio situation, noting last night's game couldn't be found on either 106.7 FM or 1500 AM. Here's the deal: The Nats get bumped off 106.7 when the Wizards are playing, and they get bumped off 1500 when the Caps are playing. (106.7 also announced it's picking up select Caps playoff games, but not those that conflict with the Nats.) Any games not on the flagship station, though, can be found on 1580 AM, as is the case tonight. The team's official website doesn't reflect this (it shows every game being on 106.7, which is wrong). I've got a hard copy of the actual schedule, though, and I'll be sure to include the correct station here before every game…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WHFS (1580 AM)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 76 degrees, Wind 13 mph in from RF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals