Apr 7, 2011, 7:27 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats need to beat Josh Johnson tonight to avoid a series sweep.
MIAMI — Not that you ever want to put yourself in a position where you need to win a series finale on the road to avoid being swept, but the Nationals' current predicament is especially daunting. Not only do they need to win tonight against a Marlins club they've lost seven straight and 41 of 55 against, but they need to do it against their ace.
Josh Johnson (career 7-0, 3.27 ERA) starts for Florida, five days after he carried a no-hitter into the seventh inning on Opening Day against the Mets. He'll be opposed by John Lannan, who also pitched well in his season debut but is 2-3 with a 5.34 ERA in six career starts against the Marlins.
As expected, Wilson Ramos is behind the plate for the Nats. As was not expected, he's batting fifth behind Adam LaRoche. Michael Morse (2-for-17 to begin the season) is on the bench, with Laynce Nix starting in left field and batting eighth.
Meanwhile, up in Rome, Ga., tonight, Bryce Harper and the Hagerstown Suns take the field for the first time this season. I'll provide some updates from that game (which starts at 7 p.m.) within this game thread, so be sure to check back for that…
NATIONALS at MARLINS
Where: Sun Life Stadium
Gametime: 7:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
Weather: Partly cloudy, 79 degrees, Wind 10 mph in from RF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'