Apr 7, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
MIAMI — If Jim Riggleman stays true to form, Wilson Ramos will be behind the plate for tonight's series finale (with the Nationals needing to beat ace Josh Johnson to avoid another sweep at the hands of the Marlins). But if Riggleman stays true to form, Ivan Rodriguez will be back in the lineup tomorrow afternoon at Citi Field, regardless of what Ramos does tonight.
It's been the manager's intention all along to have his two catchers split the job 50-50 through the season's first couple of weeks, knowing at some point Ramos would likely ascend to the No. 1 role.
Problem is, Riggleman may need to consider making that transition even sooner than he expected, because Rodriguez is seriously hurting the Nationals at the plate right now.
With an 0-for-4 showing last night, Pudge remains hitless for the season in 10 overall at-bats. Yes, he did reach twice (on a fielder's choice and an error) but each came on weakly struck groundballs toRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss