Apr 8, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It's cold and gray at Citi Field for the Mets' home opener against the Nats.
NEW YORK — Fresh off last night's exhilarating, 11-inning win in Florida, the bleary-eyed Nationals are back in action this afternoon. It's Opening Day for the Mets at Citi Field, so we've got a rare 4 p.m. Friday afternoon start.
Jordan Zimmermann gets the nod for the Nats. I asked him after last night's game if he had given any consideration to flying in early on his own so he could get a full night's sleep. He said he much preferred to stay with his teammates, watch the game in person and get some rest on the late-night charter flight.
Knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, a revelation for the Mets last season, starts the home opener. Our old friend Willie Harris is in the lineup, batting sixth and playing left field with Jason Bay still on the disabled list.
Updates to come throughout…
NATIONALS at METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 4:10 p.m.
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM)
Weather: Light rain, 51 degrees, Wind 8 mph in from RF
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves