Apr 8, 2011, 7:11 PM EDT
NEW YORK — The Nationals enter today’s game with two victories this season, each of them games that included a save situation. And each time, manager Jim Riggleman called upon Sean Burnett to close it out.
That doesn’t, however, mean the Nationals have settled upon Burnett as their closer.
Riggleman reiterated this afternoon he’s still open to using either Burnett or Drew Storen in save situations, depending on the situation at hand.
“Early on here, we’ll continue to look who’s coming up,” the manager said. “If we just had nothing but two right-handers who could hit the ball out of the ballpark, I might want Storen facing them. If it was a left-hander who could hit it out of the ballpark mixed in there, I’d probably have Burnett face them.”
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season