Apr 8, 2011, 12:36 PM EDT
Saturday, 7:10 p.m. –- LHP Tom Gorzelanny (7-9, 4.09 in 2010) vs. LHP Chris Capuano (0-0, 13.50).
TV: MASN Radio: WHFS (1580 AM)
Sunday, 1:10 p.m. –- RHP Jason Marquis (0-0, 2.84) vs. RHP Chris Young (1-0, 1.69).
TV: MASN Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
The Mets are off to a wild start to the season, having won three straight by a combined score of 22-7 but losing their last two to the Phillies 21-7. When they take the field this afternoon for their home opener, they'll be without left fielder Jason Bay (on the DL with a strained left side muscle). Old friend Willie Harris has picked up the slack, with a .353 average, a homer and four RBI already this season. Ike Davis (.348, homer, six RBI) and David Wright (.346, homer, five RBI) are also off to hot starts. The pitching staff, though, was battered around by the Phillies the last two days, leaving the Mets a bit shakenRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting