Apr 8, 2011, 12:36 PM EDT
Saturday, 7:10 p.m. –- LHP Tom Gorzelanny (7-9, 4.09 in 2010) vs. LHP Chris Capuano (0-0, 13.50).
TV: MASN Radio: WHFS (1580 AM)
Sunday, 1:10 p.m. –- RHP Jason Marquis (0-0, 2.84) vs. RHP Chris Young (1-0, 1.69).
TV: MASN Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
The Mets are off to a wild start to the season, having won three straight by a combined score of 22-7 but losing their last two to the Phillies 21-7. When they take the field this afternoon for their home opener, they'll be without left fielder Jason Bay (on the DL with a strained left side muscle). Old friend Willie Harris has picked up the slack, with a .353 average, a homer and four RBI already this season. Ike Davis (.348, homer, six RBI) and David Wright (.346, homer, five RBI) are also off to hot starts. The pitching staff, though, was battered around by the Phillies the last two days, leaving the Mets a bit shakenRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- The good, the bad and the ugly of Nats camp
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1