Apr 10, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis faces Chris Young in today's series finale at Citi Field.
NEW YORK — The Nationals would love to win today's game against the Mets and earn their first series victory of the young season. They'll have to do it, though, without the Face of the Franchise.
Ryan Zimmerman is not in today's lineup. Not sure yet whether he's just getting a day off, or whether he might have injured himself sliding headfirst into second base last night. Zimmerman appeared to jam his left hand when he advanced in the top of the third inning. He was briefly looked at by a trainer but stayed in the game and actually picked up another hit two innings later.
With Zim sidelined, Jayson Werth gets bumped down to the No. 3 slot for the first time this season. Rick Ankiel bumps up to the 2-hole, and Danny Espinosa (who homered last night) hits sixth.
Jason Marquis gets the start against New York's Chris Young. Plenty of updates to come…
NATIONALS at METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
Weather: Cloudy, 51 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'
- Both ALDS shift to Texas for Game 3s
- Both NL Division Series continue with Saturday doubleheader
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?