Apr 10, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis faces Chris Young in today's series finale at Citi Field.
NEW YORK — The Nationals would love to win today's game against the Mets and earn their first series victory of the young season. They'll have to do it, though, without the Face of the Franchise.
Ryan Zimmerman is not in today's lineup. Not sure yet whether he's just getting a day off, or whether he might have injured himself sliding headfirst into second base last night. Zimmerman appeared to jam his left hand when he advanced in the top of the third inning. He was briefly looked at by a trainer but stayed in the game and actually picked up another hit two innings later.
With Zim sidelined, Jayson Werth gets bumped down to the No. 3 slot for the first time this season. Rick Ankiel bumps up to the 2-hole, and Danny Espinosa (who homered last night) hits sixth.
Jason Marquis gets the start against New York's Chris Young. Plenty of updates to come…
NATIONALS at METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 1:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM)
Weather: Cloudy, 51 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals