Apr 12, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
Wednesday, 7:05 p.m. — RHP Roy Halladay (1-0, 0.69) vs. LHP John Lannan (1-0, 3.60).
TV: MASN2 Radio: WHFS-1580 AM
Thursday, 7:05 p.m. — LHP Cliff Lee (1-1, 7.84) vs. RHP Jordan Zimmermann (1-1, 3.18).
TV: MASN2 Radio: WJFK-106.7 FM, WFED-1500 AM
To the surprise of no one, Philadelphia is off to a strong start, winners in seven of its first nine games this season. The bigger surprise is how this team has won so far: with offense, not pitching. The Phillies' supposedly unstoppable rotation has combined to post a 4.74 ERA so far, with only Roy Halladay and Roy Oswalt owning ERAs under 5.59. Not that anyone's seriously worried about this rotation over the long haul. Offensively, they haven't seemed to miss Jayson Werth (or injured second baseman Chase Utley) one bit. They lead the NL in batting average (.334), OBP (.380), slugging (.484) and OPS (.865) and every regular but Raul Ibanez is hitting over .300. And any fears of surviving with Brad Lidge on the DL have been assuaged thanks to
Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?