Apr 15, 2011, 7:31 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats host Nyjer Morgan, Wil Nieves and the Brewers tonight at Nationals Park.
There's a former National in the Brewers' starting lineup tonight, but it's probably not the one you expected. With left-hander Tom Gorzelanny pitching for the Nats, Nyjer Morgan is on the bench, but Wil Nieves is behind the plate making his fifth start of the season.
The Nationals' lineup, meanwhile, features one significant change: Danny Espinosa is leading off for the first time this season, with slumping Ian Desmond (0-for-25 at home this year) dropped to the 7-hole.
I'm actually not in D.C. tonight; I made the trek up to Hagerstown for Bryce Harper's home debut with the Suns. I'll post a game thread from here in a little while and will provide updates throughout. Please use this thread to discuss the big-league game…
BREWERS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Partly cloudy, 59 degrees, Wind 15 mph RF to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September