Apr 15, 2011, 2:37 PM EDT
Saturday, 1:05 p.m. — RHP Yovani Gallardo (1-0, 2.70) vs. RHP Jason Marquis (0-0, 3.65)
TV: MASN Radio: WJFK-106.7 FM, WFED-1500 AM
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — RHP Marco Estrada (1-0, 5.14) vs. RHP Livan Hernandez (1-1, 3.50)
TV: Ch. 50, MASN Radio: WJFK-106.7 FM
Milwaukee lost four straight to the Reds to open the season, causing some mild panic around town, but has since won seven of eight to get back over the .500 mark. And who has been among the biggest contributors? Why, none other than Nyjer Morgan, who has been on an absolute tear since his trade from D.C.
In 12 games, Morgan is hitting .476 with two doubles, two triples, a .522 on-base percentage, a 1.284 OPS and even three successful sacrifice bunts. He's bowled over a couple of catchers, made a couple of nifty plays in the outfield and generally has the entire state of Wisconsin drooling over him.
"I obviously don't think if we play him every day he's going to hit .450," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "But he's been huge for us."
Nyjer probably won't be received well by Nationals fans in his return to the District this weekend, not that he seems too concerned. He's perfectly happy with his new situation, tossing a thinly veiled slap at Jim Riggleman earlier this week.
"There is just good chemistry here, and everybody gets along," Morgan told the Brewers' official website. "That's what you need toRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Impressive Scherzer giving Nats lots of innings
- Nats 7, Phillies 2: Harper homers, Scherzer cruises
- Escobar leaves Nats game with strained groin
- Stammen on season-ending surgery: "Bring it on"
- Marlins catcher not happy after getting benched: 'Yeah I’m mad'
- Nats hope to keep bats rolling vs. Phillies
- MLB Power Rankings: Red Sox, Dodgers flying high
- Nats' offense continues to roll in win vs. Phillies
- Michael Taylor showing Nats glimpses of his potential
- Fister gets the better of Hamels in 5-2 win in Philadelphia