Apr 15, 2011, 2:37 PM EDT
Saturday, 1:05 p.m. — RHP Yovani Gallardo (1-0, 2.70) vs. RHP Jason Marquis (0-0, 3.65)
TV: MASN Radio: WJFK-106.7 FM, WFED-1500 AM
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — RHP Marco Estrada (1-0, 5.14) vs. RHP Livan Hernandez (1-1, 3.50)
TV: Ch. 50, MASN Radio: WJFK-106.7 FM
Milwaukee lost four straight to the Reds to open the season, causing some mild panic around town, but has since won seven of eight to get back over the .500 mark. And who has been among the biggest contributors? Why, none other than Nyjer Morgan, who has been on an absolute tear since his trade from D.C.
In 12 games, Morgan is hitting .476 with two doubles, two triples, a .522 on-base percentage, a 1.284 OPS and even three successful sacrifice bunts. He's bowled over a couple of catchers, made a couple of nifty plays in the outfield and generally has the entire state of Wisconsin drooling over him.
"I obviously don't think if we play him every day he's going to hit .450," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "But he's been huge for us."
Nyjer probably won't be received well by Nationals fans in his return to the District this weekend, not that he seems too concerned. He's perfectly happy with his new situation, tossing a thinly veiled slap at Jim Riggleman earlier this week.
"There is just good chemistry here, and everybody gets along," Morgan told the Brewers' official website. "That's what you need toRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?
- State of the Nats: All tied up in the NL East
- Former National slams door as New York sweeps Washington