Apr 15, 2011, 2:37 PM EDT
Saturday, 1:05 p.m. — RHP Yovani Gallardo (1-0, 2.70) vs. RHP Jason Marquis (0-0, 3.65)
TV: MASN Radio: WJFK-106.7 FM, WFED-1500 AM
Sunday, 1:35 p.m. — RHP Marco Estrada (1-0, 5.14) vs. RHP Livan Hernandez (1-1, 3.50)
TV: Ch. 50, MASN Radio: WJFK-106.7 FM
Milwaukee lost four straight to the Reds to open the season, causing some mild panic around town, but has since won seven of eight to get back over the .500 mark. And who has been among the biggest contributors? Why, none other than Nyjer Morgan, who has been on an absolute tear since his trade from D.C.
In 12 games, Morgan is hitting .476 with two doubles, two triples, a .522 on-base percentage, a 1.284 OPS and even three successful sacrifice bunts. He's bowled over a couple of catchers, made a couple of nifty plays in the outfield and generally has the entire state of Wisconsin drooling over him.
"I obviously don't think if we play him every day he's going to hit .450," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "But he's been huge for us."
Nyjer probably won't be received well by Nationals fans in his return to the District this weekend, not that he seems too concerned. He's perfectly happy with his new situation, tossing a thinly veiled slap at Jim Riggleman earlier this week.
"There is just good chemistry here, and everybody gets along," Morgan told the Brewers' official website. "That's what you need toRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins