Apr 17, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis faces Yovani Gallado in Game 1 of today's doubleheader.
It's a beautiful day for baseball. Let's play two! (Sorry, I had to.)
We've got an old-fashioned, Sunday doubleheader here in the District. A reminder to those of you coming to the park: If you have a ticket for today's game, it's good for both games. If you had a ticket to yesterday's game, you can exchange it for a seat of equal value at both of today's games.
Game 1 features Jason Marquis vs. Yovani Gallardo. Jim Riggleman is fielding the lineup he planned to use yesterday before the rains came, with Danny Espinosa leading off, Ian Desmond sixth, Ivan Rodriguez behind the plate and Alex Cora at third base.
If you didn't see the earlier news, Todd Coffey has been placed on the DL with a left calf strain and Collin Balester has been recalled from Syracuse. More to come on that, and obviously plenty of updates to come from both of today's games…
BREWERS at NATIONALS (Game 1)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 183
Weather: Sunny, 60 degrees, Wind 19 mph out to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?