Apr 17, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jason Marquis faces Yovani Gallado in Game 1 of today's doubleheader.
It's a beautiful day for baseball. Let's play two! (Sorry, I had to.)
We've got an old-fashioned, Sunday doubleheader here in the District. A reminder to those of you coming to the park: If you have a ticket for today's game, it's good for both games. If you had a ticket to yesterday's game, you can exchange it for a seat of equal value at both of today's games.
Game 1 features Jason Marquis vs. Yovani Gallardo. Jim Riggleman is fielding the lineup he planned to use yesterday before the rains came, with Danny Espinosa leading off, Ian Desmond sixth, Ivan Rodriguez behind the plate and Alex Cora at third base.
If you didn't see the earlier news, Todd Coffey has been placed on the DL with a left calf strain and Collin Balester has been recalled from Syracuse. More to come on that, and obviously plenty of updates to come from both of today's games…
BREWERS at NATIONALS (Game 1)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 183
Weather: Sunny, 60 degrees, Wind 19 mph out to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats set franchise record for futility with RISP
- Instant analysis: Padres 4, Nats 3 (12)
- Injury updates on Gio Gonzalez, Doug Fister & Scott Hairston
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston