Apr 17, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to sweep the doubleheader and the series from the Brewers.
Fresh off an impressive, 8-4 victory in Game 1 of this doubleheader, the Nationals are right back on the field for the nightcap. They're looking to both sweep this twinbill and sweep the series from the Brewers, which would put them over .500 for the season.
Livan Hernandez gets the ball, hoping to continue perhaps the most-impressive stat about the Nats so far this year. In 12 of 14 games, their starting pitcher has allowed three earned runs or fewer. If they can somehow keep that sort of thing up, this team is going to have a chance to win every day, weak lineup or not.
Marco Estrada, a one-time Nationals prospect who had a couple cups of coffee in the big leagues in September 2008 and '09, starts for Milwaukee. He's filling in for injured ace Zack Greinke.
Updates to come…
BREWERS at NATIONALS (Game 2)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 5:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 183
Weather: Sunny, 60 degrees, Wind 19 mph out to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
LF Michael Morse
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate
- Nats cruise to 9th straight win over Braves