Apr 17, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to sweep the doubleheader and the series from the Brewers.
Fresh off an impressive, 8-4 victory in Game 1 of this doubleheader, the Nationals are right back on the field for the nightcap. They're looking to both sweep this twinbill and sweep the series from the Brewers, which would put them over .500 for the season.
Livan Hernandez gets the ball, hoping to continue perhaps the most-impressive stat about the Nats so far this year. In 12 of 14 games, their starting pitcher has allowed three earned runs or fewer. If they can somehow keep that sort of thing up, this team is going to have a chance to win every day, weak lineup or not.
Marco Estrada, a one-time Nationals prospect who had a couple cups of coffee in the big leagues in September 2008 and '09, starts for Milwaukee. He's filling in for injured ace Zack Greinke.
Updates to come…
BREWERS at NATIONALS (Game 2)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 5:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 183
Weather: Sunny, 60 degrees, Wind 19 mph out to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
LF Michael Morse
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Monday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Monday's games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Span leaves Tuesday's game with possible injury
- Division champ Nats come home for final week
- Zimmermann may be pushed back a day with bruised shoulder
- Zimmerman sits out vs. Mets after feeling soreness over weekend
- Around the NL East: Big offseasons ahead
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter