Apr 17, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats look to sweep the doubleheader and the series from the Brewers.
Fresh off an impressive, 8-4 victory in Game 1 of this doubleheader, the Nationals are right back on the field for the nightcap. They're looking to both sweep this twinbill and sweep the series from the Brewers, which would put them over .500 for the season.
Livan Hernandez gets the ball, hoping to continue perhaps the most-impressive stat about the Nats so far this year. In 12 of 14 games, their starting pitcher has allowed three earned runs or fewer. If they can somehow keep that sort of thing up, this team is going to have a chance to win every day, weak lineup or not.
Marco Estrada, a one-time Nationals prospect who had a couple cups of coffee in the big leagues in September 2008 and '09, starts for Milwaukee. He's filling in for injured ace Zack Greinke.
Updates to come…
BREWERS at NATIONALS (Game 2)
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 5:10 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 183
Weather: Sunny, 60 degrees, Wind 19 mph out to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
LF Michael Morse
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark leads Nats into Lakeland to face Tigers
- Phillies Rollins won't waive no-trade clause with record in sight
- Former Nats reliever Bill Bray retiring from baseball
- Souza, Solis, Goodwin among Nationals' latest cuts
- Zimmerman gets first taste of first base
- Zimmermann gives up first run as Nats split squad loses 2-1
- Nats acquire IF Brandon Laird from Royals
- Zimmermann, Gio pitch in Nats split-squad games
- Wainwright wants Bryce Harper to take it easy on him (VIDEO)
- Strasburg, Fernandez face off as Marlins host Nats