Apr 19, 2011, 8:26 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats carry a three-game winning streak into Busch Stadium tonight.
The Nationals are 3-0 since Danny Espinosa took over the leadoff spot Friday night. Coincidence, an actual sign of something or simply poor pitching by the Brewers over the weekend? Whatever the case, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
So Jim Riggleman is sticking with that lineup tonight for the start of a three-game series in St. Louis. Jayson Werth returns after sitting out the second game of Sunday's doubleheader. Wilson Ramos is behind the plate batting fifth, with Michael Morse behind him.
John Lannan gets the start against a Cardinals squad that labored to score runs through the season's first week but has been re-energized by the return of cleanup hitter Matt Holliday from an emergency appendectomy.
I'm not on this road trip, so no live updates from Busch Stadium. Please continue the conversation, as always…
NATIONALS at CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 186
Weather: Thunderstorms, 71 degrees, Wind 17 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent