Apr 19, 2011, 8:26 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats carry a three-game winning streak into Busch Stadium tonight.
The Nationals are 3-0 since Danny Espinosa took over the leadoff spot Friday night. Coincidence, an actual sign of something or simply poor pitching by the Brewers over the weekend? Whatever the case, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
So Jim Riggleman is sticking with that lineup tonight for the start of a three-game series in St. Louis. Jayson Werth returns after sitting out the second game of Sunday's doubleheader. Wilson Ramos is behind the plate batting fifth, with Michael Morse behind him.
John Lannan gets the start against a Cardinals squad that labored to score runs through the season's first week but has been re-energized by the return of cleanup hitter Matt Holliday from an emergency appendectomy.
I'm not on this road trip, so no live updates from Busch Stadium. Please continue the conversation, as always…
NATIONALS at CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 186
Weather: Thunderstorms, 71 degrees, Wind 17 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Monday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Monday's early games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge