Apr 20, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan gets the ball for Game 1 of today's doubleheader at Busch Stadium.
OK, let's try this again. After last night's rain, hail and tornado warning in St. Louis, the Nationals and Cardinals will play two today. It's a split doubleheader, with this afternoon's opener preceding tonight's regularly scheduled contest.
So the Nationals are playing their second straight doubleheader, with two days off in between. Don't see that too often. John Lannan and Jake Westbrook, last night's scheduled starters, will pitch the first game. Couple of lineup changes from last night, with Michael Morse and Wilson Ramos sitting this one so they can face lefty Jaime Garcia tonight.
Broadcast info: Both games will be televised on MASN2. Game 1 is on 1500 and 1580 AM, with Game 2 on 106.7 FM only.
I'm not on this trip — heading over to CSN headquarters this afternoon to shoot a couple of video segments, be sure to check the site at 1 p.m. for a live edition of Beltway Baseball — but please keep the conversation going as always. I'll post a new thread later for the second game…
NATIONALS at CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 2:15 p.m.
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM), XM 186
Weather: Partly cloudy, 53 degrees, Wind 12 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera
- Nationals react to Detwiler and LaRoche leaving this offseason
- Ian Desmond goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at Nats Fest
- Zuckerman on the Nats and Bryce Harper's contract settlement