Apr 20, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
John Lannan gets the ball for Game 1 of today's doubleheader at Busch Stadium.
OK, let's try this again. After last night's rain, hail and tornado warning in St. Louis, the Nationals and Cardinals will play two today. It's a split doubleheader, with this afternoon's opener preceding tonight's regularly scheduled contest.
So the Nationals are playing their second straight doubleheader, with two days off in between. Don't see that too often. John Lannan and Jake Westbrook, last night's scheduled starters, will pitch the first game. Couple of lineup changes from last night, with Michael Morse and Wilson Ramos sitting this one so they can face lefty Jaime Garcia tonight.
Broadcast info: Both games will be televised on MASN2. Game 1 is on 1500 and 1580 AM, with Game 2 on 106.7 FM only.
I'm not on this trip — heading over to CSN headquarters this afternoon to shoot a couple of video segments, be sure to check the site at 1 p.m. for a live edition of Beltway Baseball — but please keep the conversation going as always. I'll post a new thread later for the second game…
NATIONALS at CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 2:15 p.m.
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM), XM 186
Weather: Partly cloudy, 53 degrees, Wind 12 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"