Apr 20, 2011, 11:00 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann looks to extend the Nats' winning streak to five tonight.
Well, well, well. Look who is suddenly on a four-game winning streak, with a chance to sweep its second straight doubleheader this evening? Quite a turn of events in NatsTown.
If the Nationals are going to make it five in a row, they're probably going to need a quality performance from Jordan Zimmermann, who certainly did that last week in carrying a perfect game into the sixth against the Phillies. Tonight, though, they really need Zimmermann to churn out six or more innings and take some pressure off a bullpen that required the prolonged services of both Tyler Clippard and Drew Storen in Game 1.
Wilson Ramos, Michael Morse and Jerry Hairston are all playing tonight as Jim Riggleman stacks his lineup with right-handed bats against Cardinals lefty Jaime Garcia.
I'm not in St. Louis for this series, but please keep up the conversation here…
NATIONALS at CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 186
Weather: Cloudy, 55 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals