Apr 20, 2011, 11:00 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann looks to extend the Nats' winning streak to five tonight.
Well, well, well. Look who is suddenly on a four-game winning streak, with a chance to sweep its second straight doubleheader this evening? Quite a turn of events in NatsTown.
If the Nationals are going to make it five in a row, they're probably going to need a quality performance from Jordan Zimmermann, who certainly did that last week in carrying a perfect game into the sixth against the Phillies. Tonight, though, they really need Zimmermann to churn out six or more innings and take some pressure off a bullpen that required the prolonged services of both Tyler Clippard and Drew Storen in Game 1.
Wilson Ramos, Michael Morse and Jerry Hairston are all playing tonight as Jim Riggleman stacks his lineup with right-handed bats against Cardinals lefty Jaime Garcia.
I'm not in St. Louis for this series, but please keep up the conversation here…
NATIONALS at CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 186
Weather: Cloudy, 55 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals
- After whirlwind debut, Treinen finds comfort zone
- Desmond arrives in Viera, now what about his future with Nats?
- Nats' Zimmerman on getting adjusted to first base