Apr 20, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann looks to extend the Nats' winning streak to five tonight.
Well, well, well. Look who is suddenly on a four-game winning streak, with a chance to sweep its second straight doubleheader this evening? Quite a turn of events in NatsTown.
If the Nationals are going to make it five in a row, they're probably going to need a quality performance from Jordan Zimmermann, who certainly did that last week in carrying a perfect game into the sixth against the Phillies. Tonight, though, they really need Zimmermann to churn out six or more innings and take some pressure off a bullpen that required the prolonged services of both Tyler Clippard and Drew Storen in Game 1.
Wilson Ramos, Michael Morse and Jerry Hairston are all playing tonight as Jim Riggleman stacks his lineup with right-handed bats against Cardinals lefty Jaime Garcia.
I'm not in St. Louis for this series, but please keep up the conversation here…
NATIONALS at CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 8:15 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 186
Weather: Cloudy, 55 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win