Apr 20, 2011, 2:33 AM EDT
After waiting out a massive storm that included tornado sirens in the area around Busch Stadium, the Cardinals finally postponed tonight’s game against the Nationals and scheduled a day-night doubleheader for tomorrow.
The two teams will play the makeup game at 2:15 p.m. EDT. The nightcap will begin as originally scheduled at 8:15 EDT.
John Lannan, tonight’s scheduled starter, will pitch the opener against Jake Westbrook. Jordan Zimmermann faces Jaime Garcia in Game 2.
This will be the Nationals’ second consecutive doubleheader. After Saturday’s game against the Brewers was rained out, they swept Milwaukee Sunday afternoon.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order