Apr 21, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to take this series from the Cardinals today at Busch Stadium.
There's a decent amount riding on today's series finale in St. Louis. For one thing, the Nationals are trying to maintain a winning record heading into this weekend's series in Pittsburgh. For another, they're trying to pull off their first series victory at Busch Stadium since 2007.
Tom Gorzelanny gets the ball for his third start of the season. The lefty has the worst numbers of anyone in the Nats' rotation (0-1, 5.56 ERA) but he's actually pitched pretty well. He struck out eight in his season debut against the Mets, then earned a quality start last week against the Brewers. He'll be attempting today to continue an impressive streak: Nationals starters have gone at least five innings in all 17 games this season, the only rotation in the majors to do that.
Ian Desmond (6 for his last 16) will hit fifth today for Jim Riggleman, with Michael Morse (slugging a paltry .209) hitting sixth. Have we mentioned how much this lineup really needs Ryan Zimmerman back?
As you know by now, I'm not on this road trip, so please enjoy the dialogue amongst yourselves…
NATIONALS at CARDINALS
Where: Busch Stadium
Gametime: 1:45 p.m.
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM), XM 186
Weather: Cloudy, 54 degrees, Wind 18 mph RF to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Mets find lefty relief help in trade with Padres
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox