Apr 21, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
The always-clever Bill Gluvna of the Nationals PR department is back again this season with his pun-tastic weekly updates on the minor leagues. Here is the latest version, presented unedited…
WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU CAM!: Hagerstown RHP Cameron Selik has yet to allow a run in 15.0 innings (3 starts) of work this season…the 23-year-old owns a 6.3/1 strikeout-to-walk ratio (20 K, 3 BB) and a stingy .170 batting average against…on Monday night vs. Lakewood, Selik struck out 11 in 5.0 scoreless innings of one-hit ball…Selik was Washington's 22nd-round pick in the 2011 First-Year Player Draft.
6-7, 5th Place, 2.0 Games Behind
ROSS IS BOSS: LHP Ross Detwiler is 2-0 with a 2.50 ERA in 3 starts with the Chiefs…in 18.0 innings, the former first round pick (6th overall, 2007) has fanned 15 and walked only 4 (3.75/1 strikeout-to-walk ratio)…Detwiler beat Pawtucket Wednesday night, allowing three runs over six innings.
DON'T MISS CHRIS: 1B Chris Marrero leads the Chiefs in homers (2), RBI (8) and total bases (19) through the season's first 12 games…the 22-year-old was drafted by the Nationals in the first roundRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe