Apr 22, 2011, 7:31 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Beautiful PNC Park hosts the Nationals for a three-game, weekend series.
With some of the good vibes they were feeling only 48 hours ago gone after dropping back-to-back games in St. Louis, the Nationals tonight begin a three-game series in Pittsburgh … if the weather cooperates. There's rain in the forecast tonight. There's rain in the forecast tomorrow. And there's rain in the forecast Sunday.
(For what it's worth, both teams are off Monday, in case they need to extend this series to get it completed. Of course, Monday's forecast: Rain.)
Livan Hernandez gets the ball, looking to continue his early season trend of effectiveness. He'll have what has become the Nats' mostly regular lineup behind him, with Jerry Hairston at third and Wilson Ramos behind the plate.
Brian Bixler, meanwhile, has had his contract purchased from Class AAA Syracuse. The Nationals still need to remove someone from the 40-man roster to make room for the infielder, who is available in case Ian Desmond's wife goes into labor and the shortstop needs to leave the team for a few days.
Sadly, I'm not on this trip to get to see my favorite ballpark in the world (PNC Park). Enjoy the game and the always lively conversation here…
NATIONALS at PIRATES
Where: PNC Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Rain, 48 degrees, Wind 18 mph in from LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Victor Robles
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful