Apr 23, 2011, 7:40 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After last night's rainout, the Nats and Pirates hope to play tonight at PNC Park.
Sick of delays and rainouts already? The Nationals sure are after last night experiencing their third postponement in a week. Be warned, though: There's more rain in the forecast tonight in Pittsburgh, and there's the possibility of rain tomorrow as well.
Whenever the next game is actually played, Livan Hernandez will be on the mound for the Nats, making his 450th career start. Right-hander Jeff Karstens (you may remember him as the opposing pitcher last summer for Stephen Strasburg's debut) starts for the Pirates.
Roster news: Brian Bixler is now officially eligible to play after having his contract purchased from Class AAA Syracuse. To make room on the 40-man roster for Bixler, the Nats have designated left-hander Lee Hyde (a reliever they plucked off waivers from the Braves last month) for assignment.
I'm covering the Capitals' game today for CSNwashington.com, but good news: Thanks to last night's rainout, I'm going to head up to Pittsburgh tomorrow and cover the final two games of this series in person. Until then, enjoy tonight's game…
NATIONALS at PIRATES
Where: PNC Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), XM 183
Weather: Showers, 68 degrees, Wind 13 mph RF to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense