Apr 25, 2011, 7:35 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to get back over .500 tonight at PNC Park.
PITTSBURGH — John Lannan will reach a milestone tonight when he delivers his first pitch to Pirates leadoff man Andrew McCutchen. The lefty will have officially made 100 starts in the major leagues. That's no small feat for an 11th-round draft pick out of Siena College, who over his first 99 starts has established himself as a pretty good, big-league pitcher.
Opposing Lannan tonight is Paul Maholm, who incredibly has made more starts (157) than any other left-hander in the National League since 2006. Yes, Paul Maholm. Go figure.
A couple of twists to the Nats' lineup tonight. Rick Ankiel gets his first day off of the season, so Jerry Hairston is starting in center field. Ian Desmond gets bumped up to the No. 2 spot behind Danny Espinosa. Brian Bixler makes his first appearance, starting at third base.
Plenty of updates live from the ballpark to come…
NATIONALS at PIRATES
Where: PNC Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 188
Weather: Chance of storms, 74 degrees, Wind 9 mph RF to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
SS Ian Desmond
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Instant analysis: Padres 4, Nats 3 (12)
- Injury updates on Gio Gonzalez, Doug Fister & Scott Hairston
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats