Apr 26, 2011, 7:38 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
After a rainy road trip, the Nats are back home tonight to face the Mets.
The Nationals open a seven-game homestand tonight, still reeling somewhat from their disappointing 2-4 trip to St. Louis and Pittsburgh and in need of a bounce-back victory tonight. Under normal circumstances, a home series against the Mets would be exactly what the doctor ordered, but the Nats may be catching their division rivals at the wrong time. New York has won four in a row, and right-hander Chris Young (who one-hit the Nationals April 10 at Citi Field) is back from the DL starting the opener.
Jordan Zimmermann gets the start for the Nats, trying to bounce back himself from his worst start of the season (five runs, eight hits allowed in St. Louis). Zimmermann has already beaten the Mets once this year.
With Ian Desmond officially off the roster while on paternity leave, Alex Cora will be starting at shortstop. Roger Bernadina has been recalled to temporarily take Desmond's roster spot; the outfielder will be available off the bench tonight.
Check back for updates throughout, and catch me on CSN's "SportsNet Central" live from the ballpark at 6 p.m. …
METS at NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Chance of storms, 75 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend