Apr 27, 2011, 9:03 PM EDT
The Nationals have placed reliever Chad Gaudin on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and activated fellow reliever Henry Rodriguez off the DL to take his roster spot.
Gaudin had been experiencing some shoulder discomfort in recent days, particularly since getting struck by a line drive. He last pitched Monday night in Pittsburgh, retiring both batters he faced in the seventh inning, so the DL move is retroactive to Tuesday.
The 28-year-old, who has started most of his career but is currently being used as a long reliever, is 1-1 with a 6.48 ERA in 10 appearances this season.
Rodriguez will be available out of the Nationals' bullpen tonight after completing his minor-league rehab assignment. On the 15-day DL since the end of spring training with a strained neck, the right-handerRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond