Apr 27, 2011, 9:03 PM EDT
The Nationals have placed reliever Chad Gaudin on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and activated fellow reliever Henry Rodriguez off the DL to take his roster spot.
Gaudin had been experiencing some shoulder discomfort in recent days, particularly since getting struck by a line drive. He last pitched Monday night in Pittsburgh, retiring both batters he faced in the seventh inning, so the DL move is retroactive to Tuesday.
The 28-year-old, who has started most of his career but is currently being used as a long reliever, is 1-1 with a 6.48 ERA in 10 appearances this season.
Rodriguez will be available out of the Nationals' bullpen tonight after completing his minor-league rehab assignment. On the 15-day DL since the end of spring training with a strained neck, the right-handerRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe
- Mets find lefty relief help in trade with Padres
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox