Apr 27, 2011, 9:03 PM EDT
The Nationals have placed reliever Chad Gaudin on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and activated fellow reliever Henry Rodriguez off the DL to take his roster spot.
Gaudin had been experiencing some shoulder discomfort in recent days, particularly since getting struck by a line drive. He last pitched Monday night in Pittsburgh, retiring both batters he faced in the seventh inning, so the DL move is retroactive to Tuesday.
The 28-year-old, who has started most of his career but is currently being used as a long reliever, is 1-1 with a 6.48 ERA in 10 appearances this season.
Rodriguez will be available out of the Nationals' bullpen tonight after completing his minor-league rehab assignment. On the 15-day DL since the end of spring training with a strained neck, the right-handerRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game